It’s “Potato Chip Day”! What’s Your Favorite? What Was The First Flavor Ever?
There is no such thing as a bad potato chip. I love them all, even the flavors that I don’t actually care for. Once you have one you can’t stop. Today, we celebrate “National Potato Chip Day”!
Some little “chips” of information about those delicious, thinly sliced potatoes.
- Have risen in popularity since 1853.
- Takes 10,000 of potatoes to make 3,500 pounds of potato chips.
- Average person eats six pounds of chips a year.
- Potato chips make up 1/3 of all savory snacks
- Salt and Vinegar was the first flavor of potato chips
I have to say that Pringles are my all time favorite. Even though the taste is a little different, they’re unnaturally the same shape and come in a can, I can’t resist them. There’s just something about them. I do love kettle cooked chips, especially the salt and vinegar ones.
Do you have a favorite?
Oh! I do love Ruffles with ridges! 🙂
Celebrating the awesomeness of the potato chip!