I was in line the other day, about 20 people deep, when a man decided it would be a great time to open a store credit card and save 10 percent on the day’s purchases. Normally, I’m pretty chill about these things, but because there were only 18 shopping days left until Christmas, I felt like my head was about catch fire like Anger in “Inside Out.”
Ah, the holidays.
But I’m not alone! This is a stressful time of year and EVERYONE is LOSING THEIR MINDS!
According to a new survey, 19% of people say they can’t WAIT for the holiday season to be over. (That’s not a lot. But it’s still harsh.)
And here are the five things they’re can’t stand:
1. Nonstop Christmas music. (I actually enjoy this if it doesn’t start too early. There’s nothing like Karen Carpenter crooning some Christmas classic – OMG THE ALLITERATION THERE IS TABLOID QUALITY – to make me merry and bright.)
2. Wrapping presents. (Yeah. This one is no fun for me. Because I failed geometry, I am always cutting the paper to short or too long. And I lose the scissors and tape EVERY SINGLE PRESENT.)
3. Carolers. (I have never, ever seen a live caroler. I’ve seen Santa, real reindeer and possible a Ghost of Christmas past – or maybe that was an old boyfriend – but NEVER have I EVER seen a caroler. They are like unicorns around my way.)
4. Decorating. (Tedious, but with the right music – see above – tolerable. Even fun. Also, add cocktails. Best time ever.)
5. Spending time with their family. (Well, this is just mean. They’re all we have. One day won’t kill you! Also – cocktails. See above.)
On the bright side, 95% of people are looking forward to time off of work. So there’s that!