rPickleball is coming to Fenway Park this summer! From Tom Brady, to Maren Morris, Kim Kardashian and more, these celebrities are jumping on the pickleball bandwagon. Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in America!
What Is Pickleball?
If you’re thinking, “What is pickleball?” you’re not alone. Pickleball is a paddleball sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and table tennis (think ‘ping-pong’). It is played on a court similar to a doubles badminton court, with a slightly modified tennis net. Instead of the height of a tennis net, it’s a little shorter. Players use a paddle and a plastic ball with holes like a whiffle ball. The entire objective is to hit the ball over the net and land it within the boundaries of the court. Pickleball can be played as singles or doubles.
Does that give you a better understanding of the sport? Pickleball is almost like a mix between ping-pong, whiffle ball and tennis. And it’s SO FUN!
Why Play Pickleball?
- Easy to learn: Pickleball is relatively easy to learn, even for people who have never played a racket sport before. This means that beginners can start having fun right away, without needing to spend a lot of time practicing or developing skills.
- Fast-paced: Pickleball is a fast-paced sport that keeps players engaged and on their toes. Points can be won quickly, and the game can change direction in an instant, which adds to the excitement of the sport.
- Social: Pickleball is a great way to meet new people and make friends. It’s often played in doubles, which means that players can team up with a partner and socialize while they play.
- Suitable for all ages: Pickleball is a sport that can be played by people of all ages, from young children to seniors. This makes it a great activity for families, as well as for people who want to stay active and engaged as they age.
- Low-impact: Pickleball is a low-impact sport, which means that it puts less strain on joints and muscles than other racket sports like tennis or badminton. This makes it a great option for people who want to stay active but may have joint or muscle issues.
Pickleball At Fenway Park
If you love playing pickleball, or you’re just intrigued to watch other people play it, Fenway Park will be hosting a pickleball festival this summer! It’s a part of a Ballpark Festival Series hosted by Pickleball4America.
Sadly, there’s no official date yet, but we do know that a dozen pickleball courts will be set up on the outfield. And we know that it will take place this summer. Courts will be available to rent for open play. And there will be a professional tournament to watch as well. Bring the kids, or a date! Don’t forget your pickleball paddle!
Celebrities Who Play Or Invest In Pickleball
The following celebrities are connected to pickleball in some way. They either play the sport, they own a team, or they’ve invested in companies that make pickleball products. Check out the surprising celebrities below!