While I am not looking forward to the colder weather, wearing a sweater, or taking IN my lawn furniture, I am looking forward to football Sundays. This Sunday at 1pm, our Patriots play the Dolphins in Miami. The football FOOD SEASON is here!
What Is Football Food?
No one really knows when football food was invented. What we do know is this:
- To consume it, it must take little or NO effort
- The loading into our mouth, must be a one handed event, the other balancing dish on our lap.
- Let’s make it bite size, if possible, easy to find, so we NEVER take our eyes off the 72 inch screen.
- Must have LOTS of flavor and satisfaction, especially when we are losing.
- It must last for four quarters, or 3 hours and 12 minutes.
- Not a must, but it’s better if it’s re-heatable.
- Good football food should make you sweat
- Deep fried, preferable, except in Weston and Wellesley
- It has to work with a mustard dip
- Did I mention it must be deep fried?
So, we get the X’s and Z’o’s of football with Scott Zolak, plus a lot more inside stuff that you may not get on a regular game broadcast.
So as New England’s future #1, 300 word blogger, it is my duty to inspire all with football food ideas from (insert echo sound effect) around the globe. Take a look at my list below. Are we ready! The football FOOD SEASON is here!