WalletHub recently did a study on 2021’s Most Caring Cities in America… and Boston, MA ranked #2 on the list.
In addition to ranking #2 overall, Boston also ranked #1 for caring in the workforce, #8 for caring for the vulnerable, and #9 for caring for the community. More specifically, it ranked #1 as the city with the highest percentage of sheltered homeless persons, #1 for most residents working in community and social services per capita and #3 for most teachers’ care for student’s well-being.
The study compared the 100 largest cities across 39 key indicators of a compassionate spirit, including:
- Highest % of population doing favors for neighbors
- Highest % of income donated to charity
- Most volunteering hours per capita
- Highest % of workers who carpool
- Highest % of sheltered homeless persons
- Lowest child poverty rate
- Most teachers’ care for students’ well-being
- Most residents working in community and social services per capita
Madison, WI ranked #1 overall, with Birmingham, AL coming in last at #100. Scroll below for the top 10 most caring cities in America.