Date: December 13, 2019
Title: Assistant Program Director (WBZ-FM)
Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
Location: Boston, MA
America’s legendary sports station, 98.5 The Sports Hub (WBZ-FM) is looking for an Assistant Program Director. This is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a seasoned programmer looking to make a mark in the big leagues with one of the country’s leading brands!
WBZ-FM serves as the official broadcast home of the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics and New England Revolution.
Here are the skills you’ll need to join our team:
- Highly organized and detail oriented Success in coaching seasoned, major market on-air talent
- Help oversee the day-to-day operation for the #1 rated sports station in the country
- Assist in scheduling all shifts for full time and part time programming employees
- Coordinate and schedule all on site and off site staffing for shows, game broadcasts, remote broadcasts, etc.
- Assist in scheduling all staff vacations and vacation coverage
- Recruitment and Coaching skills – Assist in hiring, training and ongoing coaching and performance evaluations for on and off air staff.
- Ability to work well within departments – Work closely with promotions, engineering, sales and digital departments to help enhance the station’s profile and product.
- Technical acumen- Help oversee the logistics and technical aspects for our Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, New England Patriots and New England Revolution game broadcasts.
- Events on-site management- Coordinate our weeklong Radio Row broadcasts at the Super Bowl and other remotes and special events
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a team player who can take direction creating, understanding, and advancing a plan and work closely with Program Director, sales, and digital departments as well as on-air team
- Dedication—must be willing to be on call on nights and weekends
Last date for consideration: Until position is filled
To apply, email your resume, cover letter and – most importantly – examples of your on-air work to:
Beasley Media Group, LLC
Attn: Human Resources – 98.5 Sports Hub (WBZ-FM)
55 Morrissey Blvd.
Dorchester, MA 02125
Beasley Media Group, LLC is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.