My Family’s Autism Resource
For many parents with children on the Autism spectrum, connecting with resources in your community is key.
Debbi Calton of Beasley Media Group’s WMGK in Philadelphia and her son Dustin share their personal story of finding independence and leading a fulfilling life.
Debbi introduces us to Jill Gromen from JEVS/Philadelphia Independence Network (PIN) and learn on this very special program based in Narberth, PA that supports young adults diagnosed with Autism (and other diagnoses) in their quest to live an independent life AFTER all the school and various community and governmental resources may no longer be available.
JEVS/PIN PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
- A community of young adult men and women with disabilities
- Members live independently with some supports
- Supporting members from a whole life perspective; living, working and socializing.
- These supports are customized to an individual and modified as appropriate
- Members live in apartment buildings within walking distance of each other, some with roommates and some on their own
- Partnership between JEVS Human Services, members, and their families
Learn more about JEVS/Philadelphia Independence Network (PIN) at their website: https://www.jevshumanservices.org/philadelphia-independence-network/pin-resources/