Some of the greatest, most peaceful moments in my night, is when I SHUT OFF my smart phone for dinner. It’s not easy. For the first few minutes of powering down, this is the anxiety I go through before dinner:
1. What if a major artist story breaks?
2. What if there’s a family emergency, with someone trying to get in touch? (That should be #1.)
3. What if work needs me?
4. What if I get a tweet about the new dumb phone?
5. What if I get an email from Wally?
6. How will I post a picture of my scallop casserole?
7. Who has liked the picture of my scallop casserole?
I would guess I’m not alone with this anxiety. Here’s proof: a dumb phone that can only text and call. If it doesn’t work at Starbucks, I’m in.