The contest is not started yet.
The contest is already finished.
This contest has reached maximum number of entries!
You must be at least 0 years old to enter the contest!
You must be signed in to enter the contest!
You have already entered this contest!
***THE GUEST LIST IS FULL - All participants have been contacted and have confirmed attendance. If we have any cancellations, alternate entries will be contacted via email.***
Last year... You came, you ate, you drank and traded your awful gifts for good ones (thanks to us!) and bad ones (thanks to fellow listeners) and it was a lot of fun so let's do it again! Get your entry in NOW for the chance to join us January 26th from 6-8pm at Cagney's Restaurant and Pub, 214 Washington Street, Quincy.
Bring your crappy gifts from your family swap, work secret Santa or your stocking (worth a minimum value of $10) and get ready for a chance to trade them up for some better stuff at The WROR Yankee Swap! We've all got $100 to find something cool and we're bringing it to swap. Try your luck!
Cagney's Restaurant and Pub- The food you've been craving, the great local beer you've been hearing about and a friendly environment... All in Quincy! Coming this spring the outdoor Courtyard at Cagney's!
Click here for more pictures from lat year's WROR Yankee Swap at Cagney's.
*You must register and receive/accept an invitation from WROR Promotions Department to participate. See contest rules below.
WROR YANKEE SWAP CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to the WROR YANKEE SWAP Contest (“Contest”) being conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WROR-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted on the Station’s website at WROR.com may apply to this contest.
HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
Beginning Thursday, December 22, 2016 visit wror.com and fill out the designated entry form to be part of the WROR Yankee Swap, to be held on Thursday, January 26, 2017 from 6 to 8pm at Cagney’s Restaurant & Pub in Quincy. A maximum of 30 contestants may participate; contest entry will close once 30 participants have been confirmed via email with the WROR Promotions Department. Potential participants will have 24 hours to confirm participation or invitation will be forfeited. Limit one entry per person, and one confirmed participant per household. Must be a Listener Advisory Board member to enter. Become a WROR Listener Advisory Board member at www.wror.com; there is no fee to register.
Between December 22, 2016 and January 26, 2016, Cagney’s Restaurant & Pub will award up to 5 additional spots in the 105.7 WROR Yankee Swap through an on-site registration process. Visit the restaurant for more information.
WROR Yankee Swap Rules:
- Swap will take place on Thursday, January 26, 2017 from 6pm to 8pm at Cagney’s Restaurant & Pub in Quincy, MA. Confirmed participants must register with WROR staff on-site by 6:15pm in order to participate.
- Each participant must bring a wrapped item with a minimum value of $10 for the Yankee Swap.
- At approximately 6:15pm, WROR Staff will collect the items and each participant will receive a random number.
- At approximately 6:30pm, the swapping will begin. By number, starting with one, participants will pick a gift, choose to unwrap the gift, or swap the unopened gift with an already opened item. The participant with the number one gets to make one final pick from all unwrapped gifts at the end of the Swap.
- Participants will have 60 seconds to select a gift and choose to unwrap and keep it or swap it without unwrapping.
- Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who are legal US residents and reside in the Boston metro survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio). Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Boston metro survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio) and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Listeners are eligible to win a Station contest only once every sixty (60) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
Each participant will receive the gift in their possession at the end of the Swap. Value: unknown.
Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Extensions to expiration dates will not be granted. Prize packages do not include ground transportation to the departure airport or to the hotel, meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, baggage fees, or any other personal expenses incurred during the winner’s stay.
- Unless otherwise specified, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 55 Morrissey, Blvd. Boston MA, 20125, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours and excluding holidays. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within 30 days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of receiving a prize.
- By participating in the Contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any medium, without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, each participant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required, in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release as instructed by the Station or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection in the Station’s sole discretion. Pursuant to the liability release, winners agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. If any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) refuses to sign any required release, any and all prizes will be forfeited.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, Parent Corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and publication at www.WROR.com
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded “AS IS, WHERE IS” with no guarantees or warranties as to use, safety, or performance. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); or (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this Contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the Contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and, if required by applicable law, a list of all winners are available for 60 days after the Contest concludes, during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 55 Morrissey, Blvd, Boston, MA 02125, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- For register-to-win contests, the odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
For contests with entries by phone:
- The Station is not responsible for telephone malfunctions. The Station is not responsible for callers lost or disconnected before completing a Contest-related call. Caller qualification is subject to FULL phone call completion, and the verification of the caller’s name, address, home phone number, and work/cell phone number, all of which must be provided prior to completion of the call. If a potential winning caller is disconnected for any reason prior to completion of the call, s/he will be disqualified and the next caller taken will be deemed the potential winner. Contest calls will not be accepted at any number other than the advertised Contest number. The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure or service interruptions. The Station is not responsible for any carrier or server delays or failures.
- If the Contest includes a featured song or artist, only the specific Song of the Day (or a song by the Artist of the Day), when played in its entirety from beginning to end, will be used to solicit contest calls. Snippets of songs played for advertising or promotional purposes and music beds that contain music from the Song or Artist of the Day WILL NOT count. Listeners should try to be the correct caller at 617-288-1969 as soon as they hear the cue to call. If a listener accidentally calls when a song snippet or music bed is played, s/he will simply be informed of the error.