The contest is not started yet.
The contest is already finished.
This contest has reached maximum number of entries!
You must be at least 0 years old to enter the contest!
You must be signed in to enter the contest!
You have already entered this contest!
As we start a new year, Wally Brine won't be getting up every day to join The Loren & Wally Morning Show (insert womp womp here). Where's Wally? Right now, he's relaxing in a warm place… and so can YOU!
Tell us when you listen to Boston’s Greatest Hits at work then stay tuned to 105.7 WROR! Hear your name, call us back at 617-931-1057 within 30 minutes, claim your wicked awesome WROR beach towel and qualify to win a trip to ARUBA!
Take it away Wally...
Stay at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, A taste of the Dutch Caribbean!
Airfare provide by Jet Blue Vacations, The exclusive Vacation provider for Jet Blue.
Aruba Tourism Authority. Aruba, one happy island!
“BE LIKE WALLY” ARUBA CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to the “Be Like Wally” Aruba Contest (“Contest”) being conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WROR-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted on the Station’s website at WROR.com may apply to this contest.
HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
Beginning Tuesday, January 3, 2017 eligible Listener Advisory Board members (see “Eligibility” section below) can visit www.wror.com to fill out and submit the online entry form to enter for a chance to win a trip for two to Aruba. Join the Listener Advisory Board at wror.com; there is no charge to join. Entries must be received by 12am ET on Friday, January 27, 2017.
Weekdays between Tuesday, January 17, 2017 and Friday, January 27, 2017, three entries will be announced on-air between 7am and 6pm. They will then have thirty minutes to call 617-931-1057 and claim their qualifying prize, a WROR beach towel, and qualify to win a grand prize trip to Aruba.
Two (2) trips (total) to be awarded. One (1) potential winner will be selected by random drawing from all qualifying entries received to date and will be notified by phone on or about Monday, January 23, 2017 and Monday, January 30, 2017. Initially-selected winners must confirm acceptance of prize within five business days of initial notification, or risk disqualification and selection of a new winner. No purchase necessary.
Winner qualification is subject to FULL phone call completion, and the verification of the caller’s name, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number and social security number, all of which must be provided prior to completion of the call. Contest calls will not be accepted at any other number.
Online listeners to station web stream may experience a reception delay of up to one minute. Listening to the station over-the-air broadcast is the best way to participate in this contest.
If any initially-selected winner is later deemed ineligible to receive the prize, 105.7 WROR reserves the right (but is not obligated) to air one or more additional “cue to call” sounders at any time during the contest period to award the forfeited prize.
- Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who are legal US residents and reside in the Boston metro survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio). Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Boston metro survey area (as defined by Nielsen Audio) and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Listeners are eligible to win a Station contest only once every sixty (60) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of a trip for two to Aruba including the following:
* Five (5) nights accommodations at Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort (ARV: $2000)
* Round-trip coach class air transportation for two from Boston to Aruba (ARV: $1600-$2000)
* ARV per Grand Prize package is $3600-$4000. Total value of prizes is $7200-$8000. Prize will be awarded in the form of travel certificates, which will be valid until one year from contest end date and may include traditional blackout periods and other restrictions. Redemption instructions will accompany all certificates. Minimum age to book accommodations is 21.
Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Extensions to expiration dates will not be granted. Prize packages do not include ground transportation to the departure airport or to the hotel, meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, baggage fees, or any other personal expenses incurred during the winner’s stay.
Unless otherwise specified, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 55 Morrissey, Blvd. Boston MA, 20125, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours and excluding holidays. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within 30 days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner.
In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of receiving a prize.
- By participating in the Contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any medium, without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, each participant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required, in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release as instructed by the Station or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection in the Station’s sole discretion. Pursuant to the liability release, winners agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. If any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) refuses to sign any required release, any and all prizes will be forfeited.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, Parent Corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and publication at www.WROR.com
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded “AS IS, WHERE IS” with no guarantees or warranties as to use, safety, or performance. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); or (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this Contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the Contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and, if required by applicable law, a list of all winners are available for 60 days after the Contest concludes, during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 55 Morrissey, Blvd, Boston, MA 02125, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- For register-to-win contests, the odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
For contests with entries by phone:
- The Station is not responsible for telephone malfunctions. The Station is not responsible for callers lost or disconnected before completing a Contest-related call. Caller qualification is subject to FULL phone call completion, and the verification of the caller’s name, address, home phone number, and work/cell phone number, all of which must be provided prior to completion of the call. If a potential winning caller is disconnected for any reason prior to completion of the call, s/he will be disqualified and the next caller taken will be deemed the potential winner. Contest calls will not be accepted at any number other than the advertised Contest number. The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure or service interruptions. The Station is not responsible for any carrier or server delays or failures.
- If the Contest includes a featured song or artist, only the specific Song of the Day (or a song by the Artist of the Day), when played in its entirety from beginning to end, will be used to solicit contest calls. Snippets of songs played for advertising or promotional purposes and music beds that contain music from the Song or Artist of the Day WILL NOT count. Listeners should try to be the correct caller at 617-288-1969 as soon as they hear the cue to call. If a listener accidentally calls when a song snippet or music bed is played, s/he will simply be informed of the error.