Director of Sales
Greater Media Boston is searching for a dynamic Director of Sales to lead our five-station cluster. The Director of Sales will manage a talented team of managers and sellers to consistently perform at a high level.
Candidates must demonstrate an ability to recruit, coach, and retain great talent. They must be able to collaborate across departments, form lasting relationships with clients, and truly make a difference in the work lives of our team members. You must be the type of manager who can inspire a team. If you believe that high performance comes through leadership and a strengths-based approach, and have a proven track-record of success, we want to meet you.
Candidates must articulate a specific vision for how they will increase revenue, motivate a team and create client solutions. If selected for an interview, we will want to learn how you inspire and lead a team to greatness.
If you enjoy operating in an entrepreneurial and employee-centric workplace Greater Media may be a great fit.
Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Greater Media Boston
55 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125
~ No phone calls, please! ~
GENERAL SALES MANAGER
105.7 WROR - Boston
WROR 105.7 is the #1 rated station in the market! This station is on the rise and the opportunities for growth are limitless. WROR is the only Classic Hits station in the market playing the greatest songs ever made over the last 4 decades. Many of these stadium filler bands are still touring and selling out shows. Artists like Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Eagles, Billy Joel and Fleetwood Mac are in heavy rotation. WROR is led by its heritage morning show Loren and Wally, who have enjoyed an extremely loyal following over the years. The rest of the day is focused on playing great music you can’t get anywhere else! The opportunity to run the number one station in the market does not come up often!
The primary focus of the General Sales Manager is to maximize revenue through sales of all existing resources and develop, recruit and lead a highly skilled sales team:
- Achieve or exceed station budgets and forecasts
- Effectively manage the station sales department, including inventory management, pricing and negotiations
- Hire, train, and retain the best available sales talent
- Develop non-traditional revenue opportunities through creative customer focused advertising programs
- Motivate sales staff through weekly training and active involvement on sales calls
- Report revenue forecast and station progress to the Director Of Sales on a weekly basis
- Work well with programming, promotions department and other sales managers
Impeccable leadership skills, an effective communicator and contagious enthusiasm for both the product and selling ideas that will work for clients. Integrity, creativity, and aggressive problem solving are important traits.
- Facility with account and inventory management software
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work effectively in pressure filled sales environment
- Must be a strong, self-motivated individual with a passion for winning
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ year’s commercial radio sales and management experience. A four-year degree preferred.
Send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Do you like the idea of running your own business? Do you want to compete at the highest level? Do you love the art of selling? If yes, we want to talk to you! WROR 105.7FM is looking for talented sales people. What can you expect? High sales commissions, a great work environment, and an incredible product!
We’re specifically looking for people with the following qualifications:
- Quantifiable success in radio/media sales or a related industry
- The drive, hunger, and ability to see the sales process through from prospecting to the final close
- Courage to ask for and deliver remarkable programs
- A love and passion for winning
- Integrity and pride in being a full service rep
- New business expertise and a creative mind
- A desire to exceed expectations and move up quickly
- Independent and entrepreneurial performers
- Excellent verbal and written communications
At Greater Media Boston, you will be surrounded by people who love to have fun and work extremely hard. We offer great benefits and lots of incentives for self-starters, while enjoying the stability of a privately-owned media company with five of Boston’s best radio stations. If you think you are ready for the next step in your career and think you have the talent to make it happen – we want to hear from you!
Send your resume to: [email protected]
~No phone calls please~
Greater Boston Radio, Inc., is a subsidiary of Greater Media, Inc., the parent company of 21 AM and FM radio stations in the Boston, Charlotte, Detroit, New Jersey and Philadelphia markets. Greater Media also owns a group of weekly newspapers in central New Jersey as well as several telecommunications towers located throughout the United States.